Updated through online information from Aaron Stockwell.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- The organ was originally installed at the rear of the room in a slightly elevated choir gallery. According to the parish history, the choir moved to the front in 1887, and a Hamiltonian Vocalion organ was installed up front. The Whitney remained in the rear gallery. A scant four years later, the choir returned to the rear gallery, the Whitney was repaired, and the Vocalion was sold. In 1927, the Whitney was moved to the front, and recessed into a chamber on the right side of the chancel. The choir again moved with the organ. When a Hammond was given as a memorial gift in 1947, it was installed in the rear gallery where the Whitney had originally been - and the choir moved once again. The Whitney has a 3-sectional facade with 23 dummy pipes arranged: 4-15-4. At some point in time, the originally dark organ case was painted white. The organ is a G-compass organ. The manuals are 58 notes: GGG, AAA-f3. But the Pedal is 17 notes: GGG-BB - including the GGG#. All of the manual stops are partial-compass: even the Twelfth and Fifteenth (47 pipes each). The Pedal 16' Sub Bafs [sic] is 12 pipes. There are two unlabeled foot trundles: essentially a Principal Chorus On, and Principal Chorus Off. Both the 8' St. Diapason and 4' Flute are chimney flutes. Source: extant organ; documented May 11, 1989.
Status Note: There 1998
Extant, used and unaltered except for electric blower. Has been moved around the church twice. Is playable