From the 1969 OHS Handbook: "This Church was originally called Church of the Disciples. The organ features one of the few divided oases in the City, with the Great and Choir console on the left, and the Swell on the right. The motor is on DC current and you can see the hand rheostat on the right hand side of the console, next to the pump handle. The Bellows Gauge has been removed.
We have not scheduled the usual demonstration because the organ is in such a state of disrepair. Deacon Cox, the Financial Secretary of Mt. Moriah, is interested in the organ, however, and there is some hope that we may one day again hear this truly magnificent Hook & Hastings restored to its former greatness."
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock.
Identified through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- From the New York Organ project website: "The E. & G.G. Hook & Hastings organ in Mount Moriah Baptist Church was originally built in 1872 for the many-towered Church of the Disciples, a Congregational Church located on the corner of Madison Avenue and 45th Street, which was demolished when the present Grand Central Terminal was constructed. Around 1900, the organ was rebuilt by Hook & Hastings, perhaps when the organ was relocated to Mount Morris Baptist Church. The organ has been unplayable for many years. In 2005, Mt. Moriah made plans to remodel its interior, and in April 2006 sold the organ for $5000 to The First Baptist Church of Jamaica Plain, MA, which had lost its E. & G.G. Hook organ (Op. 253, 1859) in a January 2005 fire."