"Still hand pumped, its double-rise reservoir with single feeder is intact. There is no electric wind supply. The organ was renovated by James Warner in 1979." -- 1979 OHS Handbook
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- According to Petering, 1979, "the one known Metz organ, a small one-manual, four-rank instrument, which had been located in the basement of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in St. Louis, and since moved to the Jesuit Museum at St. Stanislaus Seminary in north St. Louis County, is marked with the date December 1845, and is identified as 'Op. 1'. This instrument has features that are similar to the early building practices of Pfeffer. Often a separate unison bass stop provided the lowest octave for all the 8' stops of a small organ. In this example, as well as many of those built by Pfeffer, the two 8' stops, Gedackt and Gumba [sic], share the lowest octave by channeling instead of by a unison bass stop. As was also done by Pfeffer, the 2' Octave is voiced much louder than the 4' Principal. There is a characteristic four-leaf clover design cut out of the support for the key desk which is found in so many of Pfeffer's organs. Thus there are some ties between these two builders."
Status Note: There 1998
OHS Historic Organs presented 1997 (authorized earlier, but plaque misplaced). In basement of St. Joseph's R. C., Biddle St., St. Louis many years. Original location not certain. Restored c. 1980 by James Warner.