Updated through online information from Stephen Hall. -- Stoplist at the church's website in PDF format.
Identified through online information from The Zach. -- The pipe organ at Knox United Church in Calgary was originally built in 1913 by Casavant Frères as a four-manual (six divisions), 66 stop electro-pneumatic organ. In 1956, a major renovation of the organ was undertaken by the original builder. The present four-manual console was installed, and important tonal changes were made to reflect the aesthetics of the then emerging Organ Reform movement. Nineteen new stops were provided, mainly to replace older pipework. Additional minor tonal modifications were done afterwards. Among other things, the original Antiphonal Musette 8' was replaced with a Regal-type stop.
The sound egress of the organ in the room is surely not optimal. This can be explained mainly by the acoustics of the large room, which are not especially live, and by the organ chambers provided with too small tone openings into the chancel and the nave for good tonal egress in the room. These tone openings cannot be enlarged. The solution proposed in this revised specification and scope of work to improve the presence of the organ in the room is to revise its layout for better placement vis-à-vis the tone openings and to enlarge the specification, mainly by adding a Resonnance division, for increasing the sound volume of the organ.