Updated through online information from Scot Huntington. -- In 1941, following a major redecoration of the interior, the former tracker organ was electrified and rebuilt by the Schlicker Organ Co. of Buffalo, reusing the pipework of the original organ with some minor additions. The Celeste was likely new or another stop repurposed. The 1941 organ existed unaltered until the congregation moved to a new building following the flood of 1972.
Updated through online information from Scot Huntington.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by Scot Huntington, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- The organ was installed in a narrow, deep chamber to the left of the altar in this large, acoustically live frame church dating from the second half of the nineteenth century. Both divisions were encased in a single swell enclosure and spoke through an inadequately small opening behind a simple and minimalistic pipe fence of gold painted dummies. The church was built close to the Genesee River and was so severely damaged during the 1972 flooding from Hurricane Agnes that it was condemned and torn down. The land was taken for river reclamation forcing the congregation to relocate to another location, and the original building site is now under the dike. The organ was placed in storage at the Schlicker factory in Buffalo, awaiting the church's plans for rebuilding. The congregation eventually built a new building on North Main Street, and the organ was reinstalled there by the Schlicker company in 1974. With only a modest budget to work with, the tonal modifications and updating were minimal.