Database Manager on May 27, 2013:
Identified through online information from steven bartley. -- In 1929 Lewis & Hitchock made the following alterations to the instrument adding EP pull downs to the key actions, EP actions for the stop and EP expression motors.
- The exposed pedal pipes facing the side aisle were installed in the chamber with a new dummy facade facing the aisle.
- A new console added;
- the pedal 16' stops extended to also play at 8' pitch, but no new pipes or mechanism added;
- the Swell chest & box were turned sideways, creating a passage from the sacristy to the chancel and storage area for choral music.
- The Great Mixture and 4' Flute were preps on the chest, but no pipes installed.
The organ is intact and works, but is need of total restoration. As of 2013 the church uses the undercroft space for worship and is slated for closure. Other than the two pedal extensions no new stops or pipes have been added.
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager
April 09, 2020.