Updated by Steven Bartley, who maintains the organ.
As of 3/2107 the organ was tuned for Easter. Part of the 1920s L&H renovation included rearranging the pedal pipes inside the chamber and providing a picket fence of dummy pipes facing the transept. The 16 Bourdon & 16 Diapason pedal ranks are 27 pipes, each, but playable at 8' pitches, but no additional pipes or mechanism were added to extend them the full compass. The manual keyboards are 61, but the manual wind chests are only 58 notes. The Great is prepared for a 16 Diapason, but no preparation in the chamber, or space for this stop. The Great is also prepared for a enclosed mixture and 4 Flute, toe & rack boards are in place. Access to the sacristy is made via meandering path through the organ. A novelty device, original to the organ, was a foot lever that opened a small door in the back wall of the Choir box. This was so the organist could close the Choir shades, open this door, which faces the door to the sacristy, and the choristers could hear the organ, but the congregation would not, allowing the choir to process into the chancel singing.
Updated through online information from Steven Bartley.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Status Note: There 1991.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Electrified by Lewis & Hitchcock in 1929. [Possibly rebuilt by J. Edward Shad at one point. (T 3:3:3).]We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.