The building was erected about 1840 but was considerably altered in later years. The organ stands in a large recess behind the pulpit platfor,m and a few years ago its appearance was "improved" by adding two flats of dummy wood pipes at each side. The original three flats on an oak paneling contain 17 basses of the Open Diapason and the lowest 2 Dulciana pipes. At the left are the exposed Flöte pipes and on the right is the Pedal Bourdon. The Great Bourdon is of stopped wood; the Viola has 7 stopped zinc basses; the Stopped Diapason has 9 open wood trebles; the Harmonic Flute is of open wood, harmonic from Middle C; the Oboe has 9 flue trebles; the Bassoon has the only mitered pipes in the organ. -- 1966 OHS Handbook
Updated through information from Scot Huntington: "On reflection, it is probably best to continue referring to Harwich as 1418, but the number 1417 appears in multiple places within this instrument, and 1418 only once. The number 1417 is also written on a few structural parts, but 1418 appears nowhere but on the Oboe. Otherwise, the rest of the internal graffiti refers to the organ as Harwich. (It is also not outside the realm of possibility the opus list is wrong regarding these two organs.)"
Relocated to St. Anne's church and enlarged by S. L. Huntington Organs, 2007.