From the NYC AGO NYC Organ Project: In 1893, a new organ was built by the J.H. & C.S. Odell Company of New York City, replacing the earlier Jardine instrument. This organ, like its predecessors, employed water power. A steam engine pumped water to a tank located above the old E. Howard & Co. clock in the steeple on the tower level. As the water flowed down by gravity to a basement cistern, the feeders of the bellows were operated.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on December 28, 2019.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by T. Daniel Hancock, using information found in Radzinsky, 1910. -- Replaced in 1913 by Ernest M. Skinner.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.