First Presbyterian Church
1418 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02139 US
Organ ID: 5303
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- The organ was originally built for Old South Congregational Church in Haverhill, Massachusetts. That building was later purchased by the Armenian Congregational Church of Haverhill in the early 1940s. When that congregation dwindled and closed, the organ was removed, mechanically restored with tonal changes, and re-installed by the Andover Organ Co. of Methuen, Massachusetts at First Presbyterian in Cambridge. Two tonal changes were made at this time. The original Swell 8' Aeoline was revoiced as a Celeste with the 8' Viola. And the original Swell 4' Violina was revoiced as a 2' Flautino. The organ is installed in the front, right corner of the room with pipe façades facing into both the chancel and sanctuary. The keydesk is attached to the case on the chancel platform.
The original builder was Hook & Hastings.
OCH. From Old South Congregational, Haverhill, MA [later Armenian Congregational?] in 1980.