Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The congregation was formed from a merger between First Baptist and Heights Baptist churches in December 1928. This was the joined congregation's first building. The organ was a rebuild and enlargement of First Baptist's former 3-manual Austin - Op. 467, 1913 - built for their previous (3rd) edifice. The organ was altered by Austin in 1954. In 1970, Schlicker added a 2-man. organ to the church. Both organs were substantially rebuilt by Southfield Organ Builders beginning in 1999.
12/89 form - stop list.