St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church
929 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610 US
Chapel / Lower Church
Organ ID: 5448
From the Organ Historical Society, Inc. Organ Handbook 1983, page 75. "A two manual Hook & Hastings tracker, Opus 1654, 1895, built for the South Universalist Church, Worcester, was installed in the chancel at St. Peter’s Church in 1927, by Joseph W. Smith of Boylston Centre. In 1965, that organ was relocated to the lower church by the organ clearing house, and tonally revised by the Andover Organ Co. utilizing some pipe work from Steer & Turner Opus 1871, a large two-manual tracker built for the First Universalist Church, Worcester, subsequently electrified, and dismantled in 1965. The Hook & Hastings is still used in the lower church." Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 2938, 1967), OHS database ID # 45845 is in the upper church.
OCH from Unitarian, Worcester (2-12s); via upper church at St. Peter's. Altered Andover 1965.
Exterior of the church with entrance to the lower church.: Photograph by Stephen St. Denis. Taken on 2022-04-15