Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.
Updated through online information from Bynum Petty. -- The organ was built in 1866 by Samuel S. Hamill for his home church, Second Universalist Church in East Cambridge, Massachusetts. In 1907, the church closed and the organ was moved to Hillside Universalist Church, Medford, Massachusetts. Years later the Medford church closed, and the organ was restored, enlarged, and moved to University Lutheran Church, East Lansing, Michigan, by Dana Hull. Source: Organ Handbook 1995, Lower Michigan, pp. 57-58.
Organ relocated without any change. Identified by Bynum Petty, based on information learned from a conversation with Dana Hull.
Second Universalist Church closed in 1907. Organ sold to Hillside Universalist Church in Medford, Mass.