Patrick J. Murphy & Associates Organbuilders (1995)

Originally Hook & Hastings (Opus 1687, 1895)

Location:

All Saints' Roman Catholic Church
Pittsburgh: Etna, PA 15223 US
Organ ID: 5470

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 22 ranks. 2 manuals. 19 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 19
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 25
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on February 12, 2016:

Updated through online information from Jim Stark.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Hook & Hastings (1895, Opus1687).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1996.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Relocated from First Baptist, Moorestown, NJ through OCH. Restored and installed by Patrick Murphy. 5 composition pedals. Gt. Mixture III replaced a Dulciana. Sw. 8' Celeste replaced 8' Quintadena. Sw. 4' Principal replaced 4' Violina. New key action and rebuilt winding system. Ded. 7 Dec 1995. [Replaced a 1917 Tellers-Sommerhoff tubular pneumatic which had been electrified and enlarged in 1957.]

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ in rear gallery: Photograph by Len Levasseur. Taken on 2009-09-14

Interior before renovation: Photograph from an archival source: Diocese of Pittsburgh, submitted by Andrew Scanlon. Taken approx. 1960

Church exterior: Photograph by Historical Marker Website, submitted by Andrew Scanlon. Taken approx. 1997

Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 990 times.