First Universalist Church / Universalist-Unitarian Church
15 Kenoza Avenue
Haverhill, MA 01830 US
Organ ID: 5517
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- As installed in its original home in Arlington, Massachusetts, the organ was recessed into an alcove and only had a case front that had been painted white at some point in its past. When relocated to Haverhill in 1965, the organ was installed "as is" without case sides or refinishing. Two tonal changes were made: the Swell 4' Violina was rescaled and revoiced as a 2' register, and the original II Cornet [12-15] was cut down, and revoiced as a II Mixture [19-22]. In 1988, a generous gift from church member Charlotte Ricker and her sister allowed for case sides to be built, and for the existing painted front to be stripped and refinished. This was done as R-73A.
The original builder was Hook & Hastings (1896, Opus1731).
Status Note: There 1996.
Relocated through OCH from Universalist, Arlington, MA. Renovated Andover 1965, #R-73, 2-16. New case in 1989.