The newly rebuilt instrument was dedicated 7 December 1969 with a recital played by Donald R. M. Paterson, in honor of Arthur R. Chauncey, a member of the Newark Valley church who was of inestimable help during installation of the organ.
Builder's Nameplate: A. R. Strauss
The original builder was Steere & Turner (1883, Opus178).
Status Note: There 1980
Built for First Reformed, Syracuse, NY. Relocated here in 1968 through OCH & rebuilt, case altered. [Used some pipework from the church's previous 1905 J. W. Steere & Son tubular organ which had been electrified & rebuilt by Cregier of Binghampton, NY.]