Central Lutheran Church
1710 11th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122 US
Organ ID: 55552
An original installation. Identified by James R. Stettner, based on personal knowledge of the organ.
Bill Bunch was the organist at Central Lutheran for decades, and also an employee of Balcom and Vaughan - both before his move to Boston to work for Aeolian-Skinner and after his return.
The console was built by Homer Toombs of Balcom and Vaughan. The console was originally intended to be 3-manuals, but an older man who practiced regularly on the organ gave funds to make it a 4-manual.. .mostly so that the Antiphonal division added in 1950 made from an 1892 Jardine from Butte, Montana - and playing on an unknown make of ventil chests.
The original Moller chimes were also moved to the new Antiphonal Great & Swell. In 1951, a flared bell Trumpet was added to the Swell. The attic over the sacristy and choir seating was also opened-up for an unenclosed Great and an expressive Choir.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.