This entry describes a new home for an organ that was relocated without either tonal or mechanical changes.
Identified by James R. Stettner, listing this web site as a source of information: http://www.ohta.org.au/organs/organs/SconeUC.html.
The organ was originally displayed in the showroom of W.H. Paling & Co., Ltd. in Sydney. It was relocated to St. Andrew's Presbyterian in Scone, New South Wales in 1918 - presumably by the agent or its assignee's. The organ was installed without any tonal or mechanical changes. It was dedicated by the Revd P. Norman and the opening recital, given on 2 September 1918, by Miss Madge Smith, of East Maitland.9 An inscription above the console reads 'Dedicated to our Soldiers'. The organ was renovated in 1974 by Fr. John Hamer-Howorth and evidently repositioned in the transept. The action was electrified in 1984 by Brown & Arkley of Sydney, but most of the Estey console fittings were retained. The exception to this was the keyboards which were replaced.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.