Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Originally the organ had no casework or facade. Those were added when the organ was moved ca. 1896-98 by Geo. S. Hutchings. The Great to Pedal coupler is on a reversible foot lever that is not original. The Swell to Pedal coupler took the place of the original Great to Pedal drawknob. The organ was removed from its second home in 1979 by the Andover Organ Co. and placed in storage pending finding a home in another Boston-area church. It was removed from storage in Jan. 1982 with restoration and installation continuing through November. The front of the swellbox was fitted with a larger set of expression louvers to replace the originals which were not enlarged when the Swell was expanded to full-compass in 1870 by the original builder in its original home. The organ was dedicated in its new (3rd) home on November 21, 1982 by Stephen E. Long. Sources: extant organ documented May 1988; Andover Organ Co. files, dedication program notes by Robert C. Newton.
The original builder was E & G. G. Hook (1859, Opus254).
Status Note: There 1996
Relocated from All Saints Lutheran, Boston, MA. Restored by Andover.