Originally built in 1927 as 4/20 for the 4000-seat Loew's Midland Theatre, Kansas City, Missouri. Purchased ca. 1965 by Robert Fray and installed in his residence. Moved to Solana Theare in Solana Beach, California; after a short time there it was given to the Ohio Center for the Performing Arts in Columbus, Ohio, as a parts organ for their sister organ in Loew's Ohio Theatre. In 1984 a group of Kansas City theatre organ enthusiasts purchased the organ and began repairs, finding replacements parts as needed, and adding seven ranks. A new home for the organ was found in the Art Deco Music Hall of the Convention Center in Kansas City. The small group formally named itself Kansas City Theater Pipe Organ, Inc., and began the process of installing the organ in the Music Hall. The organ grew to 28 ranks and was rededicated on September 25, 1995, with Dennis James at the console.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.