Electrified by Earl Reed, c. 1930.
Updated through online information from Russ Nyland. -- Rededication 10/2014
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Impetus for the organ came from a $1000 donation by Ichabod Washburn in 1863. Organ opened in October 1864 by J.H. Willcox. Organ repitched by George s. Hutchings in 1889. Extensive work done by Hook & Hastings in 1914 before the organ was electrified on its original chests a decade later. Restored/retrackerized by the Noack firm in 1982 as their opus 92. Rededicated September, 1982. This is the only extant, mechanical action, IV-man. Hook.
Status Note: There 1995
Restored & retrackerized Noack 1982. OH 1983. OHS Historic Organs Citation, re-awarded 27 Jun 1983 after restoration. Materials from Hook & Hastings Op. 371, (1865) from First A. M. E., Boston, MA used in restoration.
Mechanics Hall interior with organ: Photograph from an archival source: Mechanics Hall archives, submitted by Leonardo Ciampa. Taken approx. 1885