The St. Peter & Paul Church in Detroit that received the tuba is located at 7685 Grandville Ave Detroit, MI 48228. It is commonly known as "SS. Peter & Paul (West Side) to distinguish it from the downtown church built in 1844-48 as the Cathedral of SS. Peter & Paul and now known as SS. Peter & Paul Jesuit Church.
Updated from online information from David Hufford. -- The Tuba Mirabilis added by Renaissance Pipe Organ in 2001 was of new pipes copied from a Skinner example by Eastern Organ Pipes, not a vintage set.
From 1967-77, the Muller Pipe Organ Company rebuilt the existing Skinner Organ, Op. 436 (1921). In 1967, a new four-manual Schantz console (Op. 903) was installed. St. Mark-s closed in early 2013. The console was removed in 2018 and relocated to St. Lucas Lutheran Church, Toledo, where it plays the church-s 1911 Moller/1961 Tellers Organ. The organ (proper) remains intact and undisturbed as of early 2018.
A vintage Skinner Tuba Mirabilis stop was added by Renaissance Pipe Organ Co. It was playable at 16 (TC), 8, 4 on the previously unused top manual. That stop was removed upon closing of the church, and is now located at SS Peter and Paul R.C. Church in Detroit, Michigan.
In 2005, Renaissance Pipe Organ added a Klann Zimbelstern that has since become property of Trinity Episcopal Church, Toledo. It is not connected to the 2005 Casavant at Trinity.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.