Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

David M. Storey (2020)

Originally Hook & Hastings (Opus 1969, 1902)

Location:

Sacred Heart RC Church
1400 Perry Street
Richmond, VA 23224 US
Organ ID: 64702

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on December 07, 2019.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 18 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on December 07, 2019.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on December 07, 2019.
Database Manager on December 06, 2019:

Originally installed in Bainbridge Street Baptist Church in Richmond. Organ tonally modified by George Payne in 1967. Church closed and sold property to another congregation who subsequently sold it to a developer. Removed in Dec, 2019 by parish volunteers from Sacred Heart RC Church in Richmond under the direction of Storey Pipe Organs. Will receive a budget-limited refurbishing at Storey shop in Baltimore before reinstallation.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on December 07, 2019.

Instrument Images:

Church exterior: Photograph by Bill Van Pelt. Taken on 2019-12-02