Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

James R. McFarland & Co. (1979)

Originally E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 407, 1867)

Location:

Luther Acres Retirement Community
Lititz, PA 17543 US
Chapel
Organ ID: 6476

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ has been removed from this location and currently in storage.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 8 ranks. 1 manuals. 9 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: Portable instrument, fully movable.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Stops: 9
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 07, 2018: We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Database Manager on November 13, 2014:

Updated through online information from Evan Brickner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on January 21, 2013:

Updated through online information from Dr. Karl E. Moyer. -- SDG Organ Co, Millersville PA (James McFarland et al.) removed this Hook upon request of the Luther Acres management and currently (January 2013) has it in storage and for sale. While limited in scope, it is a little gem!

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was E. & G. G. Hook (1867, Opus407).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1980.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Relocated c. 1980 through OCH from Second Christian, Hagerstown, MD. Restored by McFarland 1980. Gift of Henry F. Fitzkee.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Typed stoplist from the OHS PC Database.
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 180 times.