Updated through online information from Susan H. Markham. -- This Wm. A. Johnson Organ, Opus 409, was finally completed in November, 2011, with the addition of the 8' Cornopean from another Johnson Organ. The installation was done by the Andover Organ Co. A rededicatory concert was given on Nov. 20, 2011 by Stuart Forster.
Updated through online information from Susan Markham. -- This organ is a "Johnson & Co." not a "Johnson & Son" organ. It was built in 1873 before the son became part of the company,
Updated through on-line information from Don Olson. -- Andover restored the organ in 1984. A 1987 fire in the steeple caused much water damage to the organ. It was restored, again, by Andover in 1988-1990. A Vox Humana had been installed at some point replacing the Swell Cornopean. The Vox was removed during restoration in favor of a Johnson Cornopean from his Opus 826 but funding was never approved by the Church and the spot remains open on the chest. With the pipes still at the Andover shop.
Status Note: There 1994.
Built for State St. (later Wesley) Methodist, Springfield, MA. Moved here in 1901 by W. H. Crandell of the Geo. Hutchings factory, unaltered. Restored(rebuilt?) Andover 1984/1988. Historic Organs Citation.