Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1905)

Originally Wm. Johnson & Son (Opus 415, 1874)

Location:

Calvary Episcopal
Burnt Hills, NY 12027 US
Organ ID: 6497

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is no longer extant; destroyed.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on December 29, 2019.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 9 ranks. 2 divisions. 1 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on December 29, 2019.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on December 29, 2019.
Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

On Johnson list at Episcopal Church, Oak Park, IL Obtained by the Burnt Hills church from Christ Episcopal Church, Harlem, IL, [Lake Street and Bonnie Brae (modern names), River Forest] Tthe organ was presented c. 1898 to this church after Christ Church merged with the Oak Park church to form Grace Episcopal. [That building later used by 1st Christian Science.] Burned in a 1966 fire. Replaced by a relocated Tallman, using two Johnson ranks.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in New York sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 82 times.