From the church's website: "The organ was built by the late Edward Lye firm which was well known for building many organs of the time. The price of $2000 was agreed upon. Mr. Lye wrote to the committee that he would install “a very complete and powerful organ containing 930 speaking pipes which he was to build and install. Case to be of special design, of oak finely finished, 21 feet wide, nine feet deep, and 22 inch passage behind the organ for entrance to the choir loft.” The firm also agreed to install a water powered motor for $120, with the church to supply the pipes and the drainage."
The organ was rebuilt and electrified by the C. Franklin Legge Organ Co. in 1928, and again by the Keates-Geissler Organ Co. in 1988.We received the most recent update for this note from Andrew Henderson on June 07, 2020.