This one manual and pedal mechanical action organ was installed in the rear gallery of the church. The inauguration took place on July 15th, 1874, the same day the church bells were inaugurated. The organ worked fine for over one hundred years needing only sporadic maintenance. In 1990, Marcel Bertrand meticulously restored this historic organ to its original condition. This is one of six extant unaltered instruments in Quebec built by Louis Mitchell : St. François-Xavier-de-Brompton,Que. (1863), St. Michel-de-Vaudreuil, Que. (1871), St. Roch-sur-Richelieu, Que. (1872), St. Fabien-de-Panet, Que. (1872), St. André-de-Kamouraska, Que. (1874), and St. Norbert-de-Berthier, Que (1880). Elsewhere, in Canada, there is the one installed in St. Simon and St. Jude Church (1882) in Tignish, PEI.We received the most recent update for this note from Stephen St. Denis on June 13, 2020.
Keyboard, stops, and pedals: Photograph by Les Amis de l'Orgue de Drummond inc., submitted by Stephen St. Denis. Taken on 2011-11-10