Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the moving and reinstallation without tonal or mechanical changes to the 1842 E. & G.G. Hook, Opus 48, from First Unitarian in Springfield, MA. to Northfield. The 5-sectional facade with 23 stencilled pipes arranged: 3-5-7-5-3. The pipes were originally gilded, and were likely stenciled when the organ was moved to this location in 1871. This is a GGG-compass organ, without the GGG#. Source: extant organ documented April, 1989.
Status Note: There 1995
From Unitarian, Springfield, MA in 1871. In 1871 building.
Church exterior: Photograph from an archival source: Parish archives via parish website, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. ca. 1880's
Organ case at the front: Photograph from an archival source: Church archives via parish website, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. ca. 2019