Church cornerstone reads: "Bethany Evangelical Church 1895". Building still in use, congregation now known as "New Bethany E.C. (Evangelical Congregational) Church".
Several articles appeared in the Allentown newspapers from December 16-28, 1907 about the installation and dedication of the instrument, much about the program and music given in the dedication recital. Instrument cost reported as $3000, of which Andrew Carnegie paid half.
On December 28, 1907 (the day following the recital), the following details were finally provided: "The organ responded magnificently to every touch from the passages where volume was required to the exquisite solo effects. The great and swell organs have 61 pipes and the pedal 30 pipes, with a total of 975 pipes and 30 stops, [sic] with 17 speaking stops. Its weight is 11,735 pounds."