This organ is the smallest instrument in a Vermont church. It was bought in 1918 from the Methodist Church in Rochester, Vermont, which had purchased it second-hand in 1894.
The chestnut case displays three flats of 13 gilded Open Diapason Bass pipes of stopped metal. The projecting console has a single row of knobs above the keys; the Pedal keys are at the left of the Swell pedal. The Open Diapason Treble, which commences at C#0 and the Dulciana are enclosed, and the latter stop has 12 stopped metal basses. The Bourdon pipes are tubed off the one chest (which has four complete sliders), and the pipes can be played from the manual when the Bourdon knob is drawn. The Pedal Check permits the use of a permanent coupler and the Forte draws all speaking stops. --1972 OHS Handbook
On-line update from Marilyn J. Polson -- Recently played the organ as part of a concert.
Status Note: There 1993.
Built for Church of the Holy Innocents, NYC. Via Methodist,Rochester, VT 1937. Repaired by Moore 1993.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.