Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

David E. Wallace (1991)

Originally Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 583, 1926)
Exhibited in the 1992 OHS convention(s)

Location:

High Street Congregational Church, UCC
106 Pleasant Street
Auburn, ME 04210 US
Organ ID: 6859

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: United Churches of Christ (UCC)
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on September 08, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 13 ranks. 860 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 15 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 15
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Paul R. Marchesano on September 08, 2022:

From the 1992 OHS Handbook: The Skinner Organ Co. Instrument was built for the Rrst Church of Christ, Scientist, in Malden, Massachusetts, and installed in a chamber behind grillwork. After the Malden church closed, the Organ Clearing House relocated the organ In 1986, to the studio of Thomas R. Thomas in West Palm Beach, Florida, and ii was restored there by Thomas-Pierce, Ltd., which subsequently offered ii for sale. In due course, the Clearing House suggested it to the High Street Church and moved ii there from Florida; David Wallace enlarged and Installed it in Its new home. The casework was designed for the High Street Church by James A. Stillson of Dallas, Texas.

The original Great consisted of a leathered Diapason 8' and a prepared-for Clarabella 8'. Jason McKown replaced the original Diapason 8' with new pipes from the shop of Thomas Anderson, and installed a new Spitzflote 8' in place of the never-installed Clarabella 8'. The Swell had room for a prepared-for Geigen Principal 8'; Jason McKeown installed instead a Viola 4', actually a "Prestant" 4'. David E. Wallace added the Octave Chorus III and the Nazard 2⅔', utilizing blank knobs in each division.

We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano on September 08, 2022.

Database Manager on October 03, 2007:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Organ was originally 2/7.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Skinner Organ Co. (1926, Opus 583).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1992

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Built for First Church of Christ, Scientist, Malden, Massachusetts. Moved through OCH 1986 to Thomas R. Thomas residence in West Palm Beach, Florida, then sold through OCH to this church. Enlarged by 2 stops in new case. [Previous bldg destroyed by fire in 1985.]

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
1992 OHS Handbook: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Paul R. Marchesano on September 08, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Console and chancel facade: Photograph from an archival source: 1992 OHS Handbook, William T. Van Pelt, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. 1991

This instrument has been viewed 607 times.