Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1910)

Originally J. H. & C. S. Odell & Co. (Opus 63, 1867)

Location:

Emmanuel Episcopal Church
314 W. Center Street
Hastings, MI 49058 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 6937

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 21 ranks. 1,079 pipes. 2 manuals. 22 stops.
All:
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 22
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 25
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, not in standard AGO position.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Piston(s)
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 23, 2011:

Organ was restored by George Bozeman in 2000.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on May 16, 2007:

Updated through on-line information from Trevor Dodd. -- There are eight pistons on the Great that control all of the Great stops except the Trumpet which has a mechanical stop action like the Swell stops. There is also a SW-GT reversible piston.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1995.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

From St. Mark's Episcopal Church, Grand Rapids. Case left behind. Not used for two decades. Some work in 1950's by Hollis Marsh & parisioner Lewis Bacon. Partially restored by Fowler Organ Co. 1989. Pneumatic Gt. stop action.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from the console (November 21, 2011)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Church Exterior: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Sanctuary Interior and Altar: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Nave: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Chancel and Pipe Facade: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Keydesk: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Keydesk: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

Organ Case: Photograph by Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2011-11-21

This instrument has been viewed 230 times.