In May 1864 the Committee reported it adopted the plans submitted by a “Mr. Simon of Boston” (William Benjamin Dearborn Simmons) for a pipe organ costing $4000. The Committee recommended that the old organ be repaired and purchased for the Burd Orphan Asylum’s chapel. The organ was of 3 manuals with a "full pedal-board". Replaced in 1907 by a large, 4 manual, electropneumatic action C.S. Haskell organ.