Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

(Ivan P.) Morel & Associates (1976)

Originally Estey Organ Co. (Opus 483, 1907)

Location:

First United Methodist Church
301 W Washington Ave.
Rocky Ford, CO 81067 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 70258

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 12 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 12 stops. 23 registers.
Great (Expressive):
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.

Swell (Expressive):
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.

Pedal (Expressive):
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.
Main:
  • Built by Reuter Organ Co.
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 12
  • Registers: 23
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
We received the most recent update for this console from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.
Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022:

This entry represents the removal, refurbishing, and reinstallation of an existing organ in a new location for the same congregation; Identified by Morel & Associates who moved and continue to care for the organ.

The original organ was a 1907 Estey (Op. 483) built for the previous edifice at 9th & Elm. It was electrified there in 1948 by Fred. H. Meunier with a new Reuter console. When the new [present] church was built in 1976, Morel & Associates refurbished the organ and reinstalled it without the original facade - which remains in Moral & Associates' storage.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on February 09, 2022.
Notes about organ history: Open In New Tab Brief history of installation, and rebuilds
We received the most recent update for this document from Rick Morel on February 09, 2022.

Specification: Open In New Tab Console stoplist
We received the most recent update for this document from Rick Morel on February 09, 2022.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 201 times.