This entry represents the installation of a new organ; identified by the Hutchings opus list as reprinted in the Boston Organ Club newsletter (Spring/Summer 1980); and also by research by Robert J. Reich of the Andover Organ Co.
Find were raised by Ladies Furnishing Fund Society; and Hutchings took the old Simmons & McIntire organ in-trade for $300.00.
The Hutchings was rebuilt and enlarged to 3-manuals by William W. Laws ca, 1920; and then tonally altered by E.A. Kelley ca. 1978.