Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1870)

Location:

Holy Trinity Anglican Church
5005 Main Street
Dorchester, NB E0A 1M0 CA
Organ ID: 71264

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on June 26, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • 7 ranks. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 7 stops. 10 registers.
Keydesk:
  • Built by Unknown Builder
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 7
  • Registers: 10
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 24
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Trigger/hitch-down swell.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Paul R. Marchesano on June 26, 2022.
Paul R. Marchesano on June 26, 2022:

Trinity Anglican was built in 1840 and consecrated August 21, 1843 by John Inglis, Lord Bishop of Nova Scotia. The first organ was brought from England in 1845 and the present organ was installed in 1870. In 1959 the organ was overhauled by an organ builder from England. The choir and organist from Saint George’s Church, Moncton, came to Trinity for the rededication service. The chancel was enlarged in 1868, completely refitted in 1880 with a credence bracket, lectern, a new chancel carpet and a more appropriate Holy Table. Also in 1880 the women’s guild donated funds to erect a stone fence and a new bell, placed for Christmas that year, from Baltimore. The rector’s engineering son drafted the tower alterations and the parish men executed them. The bell performed a dual role; it called people to worship and alerted the town of any fires. -- church website

This organ may possibly be a rebuild of the 1845 organ.

We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano on June 26, 2022.
From console photographs: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Paul R. Marchesano on June 26, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Organ case, front view: Photograph by Rev. Edward L. Rix, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2022-06-25

Organ case and pulpit: Photograph by Rev. Edward L. Rix, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2022-06-25

Keydesk: Photograph by Rev. Edward L. Rix, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2022-06-25

Left stop jamb: Photograph by Rev. Edward L. Rix, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2022-06-25

Right stop jamb: Photograph by Rev. Edward L. Rix, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2022-06-25

This instrument has been viewed 116 times.