This entry represents the first installation of a new organ. According to the parish website on the Building History page, "1834 - Pipe organ, the first in Newtown, was installed."
The parish website Our History page further expounds, *"A pipe organ, the first in Newtown, was installed in 1834. It was built by the Hale Brothers in the house at the southeast corner of South State Street and Centre Avenue, now Thyme Restaurant. The organ was installed for $200 which also included lessons for the organist. That original organ was replaced in 1905; although the facade pipes remain." *