This entry represents the relocating and installation of a used organ from one New Bedford church to another. Identified through online information from Bruce Gardzina. The organ was originally built for First Christian/North Christian and installed in the gear gallery. It was relocated to the front of the church and rebuilt by Samuel Pierce at an unknown date. The church suffered a fire in 1914 and was finally razed in 1923. The organ found a new home at Middle Christian.
Church exterior; facade: Photograph from an archival source: Found on Pinterest. Original source uncited., submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. 1870
Organ as relocated to Middle Street Christian: Photograph from an archival source: Unknown, submitted by Bruce Gardzina. Taken approx. ca. 1925