Updated through online information from Connor Annable.
Updated through online information from Marilyn Polson. -- Thought to be the oldest known extant pipe organ built in Vermont and is the oldest verifiable work of its maker. The painted pine case displays five flats of wooden dummy pipes. It is foot-pumped by a long metal pedal operated by the player's left foot. The swell pedal, for the player's right foot, has to be held down to keep the shades open. Sometime in the 1930s the organ was sold to Jesse Moody of nearby Bethel who ultimately returned the organ to the church in his will. Long closed and threatened with demolition by the Episcopal Diocese of Vermont, the building was deconsecrated in 1996 and is now owned by the Royalton Historical Society. Sources: Articles in the Herald of Randolph in December 1983 and July 1995 as well as a conversation with John Dumville of the Royalton Historical Society, and notes by E. A. Boadway.
Possibly restored c. 1957 by Boadway. T 2:2:8 lists this as a 1-4.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.