Updated through online information from Aaron Stockwell.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- According to parish records and notes by Col. Daniel Needham, the organ was purchased from St. John's Episcopal Church in Boston. The Hook opus list shows opus 822 as having been built for Church of the Advent. The sale was represented by Geo. S. Hutchings, who removed it from St. John's and re-erected it in Groton by May 1, 1890. The total cost was $1,000.00, and the organ was first used on May 4, 1890. The organ has a 3-sectional facade of 17 gold-painted pipes arranged: 3-11-3. The unison couplers are via drawknob, but the Swell to Great Octave Coupler is actuated via hitch-down. The organ was restored in stages by Andover: R-233, 1982; R-233A, 198_; R-233B, 198_, and R-233C, 1987. The Hook replaced a previous organ which had been in use since 1845. Sources: Parish records, Hook opus list; Andover opus list; extant organ documented March, 1988.
From Church of the Advent, Boston. Restored by Andover 1982, R-233, 2-12.