By 1980, there was no longer a need for two south end French parishes, and St. Hyacinthe, an aging wood framed building, was closed and the parish absorbed by its daughter church, St. Anne. The 1874 Hutchings-Plaistead & Co. organ was salvaged from the old church and moved to St. Anne's (its third home) in 1985 by Raymond Whalan. This organ was originally built for Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in East Boston. In 1894, it was moved by Hook & Hastings to St. Hyacinthe.
The passing of another 20 years found the south end with too many parishes, and in 2004 St. Anne's dosed (along with St. Hedwig) and consolidated with St. James into the parish of Our Lady Of Guadeloupe. -- 2005 OHS Handbook
The original builder was Hutchings, Plaisted & Co. (1873, Opus41).
Relocated from St. Hyacinthe R. C., New Bedford, MA. [1980's?]. [editor: 1985, per 2005 OHS Handbook]
Organ case: Photograph from an archival source: 2005 OHS Handbook, William T. Van Pelt, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2004-05-10
Right stop jamb: Photograph from an archival source: 2005 OHS Handbook, William T. Van Pelt, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2004-05-10