First Congregational Church
322 Main Street
Woburn, MA 01801 US
Organ ID: 8039
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the rebuilding of the existing 1860 Hook organ with tonal changes and mechanical alterations. On the Great, the original 3' Twelfth was replaced with an 8' Gamba; and the original second II Mixture was replaced with an 8' Dulciana. On the Swell, an 8' Salicional replaced the original II Sesquialtera, and a bottom octave was added to the 8' Open Diapason. On the Choir, a bottom octave was also added to it's 8' Open Diapason, and the original 4' Celestina had harmonic holes drilled in it to make it a 2' register. No tonal changes were made to the Pedal, but a new pedalboard was provided even though the original 27-note compass was not changed. Other alterations included changing the original hitch-down swell mechanism to a balanced system, and changing the shutters from horizontal to vertical. New manuals were provided. The Pedal Check and Pedals at Octaves coupler were removed. And four composition foot trundles plus Great to Pedal Reversible were added.
Attribution to John D.?] Brennan not certain.
The original builder was E. & G. G. Hook (1860], Opus 283).
Rebuild with tonal alterations. Bellows work by Bozeman c. 1988.