Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Lehigh Organ Co. (1976)

Originally Austin Organ Co. (Opus 350, 1911)

Location:

Christ Episcopal Church
435 Court St.
Reading, PA 19601 US
Organ ID: 8515

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jeff Scofield on July 30, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Wicks Direct Electric
  • 61 ranks. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 48 stops. 59 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Wicks Direct Electric chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 48
  • Registers: 59
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Jeff Scofield on July 30, 2022.
Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Austin Organ Co. (c. 1915, Opus350).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1989

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

4' Principal from the 1866 Johnson incorporated in 1915 Austin. Rebuilt by Austin in 1953. Some pipework from the Johnson and the Austin incorporated in the 1976 Lehigh rebuild. [Church previously had an 1866, Johnson Op. 160 2-32 registers Tr.]

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Taken from the console July 18, 2022: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Jeff Scofield on July 30, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Church interior to front: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Windows and church interior to front: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Church interior to rear: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Chambers, exposed pipes and console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Console and exposed pipes: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Left stopjamb: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Right stopjamb: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Couplers: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Left toe stud terrace: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Right toe stud terrace: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Altar: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Builder nameplate: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Church exterior: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-07-18

Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 427 times.