A correction should be made for the technical details for this entry. The current entry reads as follows 21 ranks. 1,291 pipes. 40 divisions. 3 manuals. 2,148 stops. 310 registers. The correction would be: 21 ranks. 1,291 pipes. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 21 stops. 31 registers.
Updated through online information from David Rowe.
Altered over the years, including a new console; the church closed July 1, 2008, when the congregation merged with another to become Holy Family Parish at another location.
Status Note: There 2001.
"Rededicated 10 Jun 2001 by Timothy Edward Smith. The organ was originally installed in a second balcony. Rebuilt 1950's by Charles Bolton, with new console. Refurbished mechanically and tonally by Nobscot Organ Works of Framingham c. 2000. Stops recreated include the 16' Pedal Open Wood, 8' Cornopean, Swell Strings and Swell Principals."
Photo taken before the March 1961 fire after which the second balcony was removed and the organ relocated to the lower balcony: Photograph from an archival source: Holy Family Parish Worcester, MA Archives , submitted by Stephen St. Denis. Taken approx. 1955