Rebuilt in 1996 by Dobson Pipe Organ Builders with additions. A new Solo division replaced the prepared-for Brustwerk.
In 1962, five stops (6 ranks) were added. Two more stops (2 ranks) were added in 1972.
The Memorial Chapel (renamed Chapel of the Resurrection in 1969) and Schlicker organ were dedicated on Sunday morning, 27 September 1959. E. Power Biggs played the inaugural recital that evening before a crowd of 2000. At the time, the organ was incomplete and had 44 stops and 63 ranks.
The specification was drawn up by Herman L. Schlicker in cooperation with Paul Bunjes, Concordia Teachers College, River Forest, Illinois.
Console and Pipe Displays: Schlicker Promotional Photograph; image courtesy of Stephen Schnurr. Taken on 1959-11-01