Friedens United Church of Christ was organized in 1893, and the Clinton Street building was dedicated in 1903. The Hinners organ is the second at Friedens; the first was purchased by the church's young people and cost $196.00. Although no further details about it are known, it was probably a reed organ.
The 1908 organ originally stood in the rear gallery, and was relocated to the front of the room during the 1930s. It cost $1,700, of which the Carnegie Foundation gave $900. There are 20 registers, 14 ranks, 799 pipes, and it can still be hand-pumped. In 1996, Friedens Church merged with Immanuel Baptist Church on nearby Nott Terrace. The Friedens building is closed. Source: "The Organs of the Upper Hudson Valley", Alan M. Laufman and Stephen L. Pinel, The Tracker, 41:3 (1997) 23.
On 1997 Upper Hudson Mini-convention. Building closed in 1996 when Friedens merged with Immanuel Baptist. Organ sold to St. James' Roman Catholic Church, Portsmouth, NH.