Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Visscher & Associates (1987)

Originally Geo. Stevens (& Co.) (1844)

Location:

San Augustine's R.C. Church
Scotts Valley, CA 95060 US
Organ ID: 947

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on June 09, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 23 ranks. 2 manuals. 21 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on June 09, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 21
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on June 09, 2018.
Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was George Stevens (1844).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

OCH. Possibly built for St. Mary's Church, N. end of Boston & moved from there in 1870's. Was 2nd hand in Baptist church, Groton, MA c. 1870 or 1890; renovated there by Robert K. Hale in 1964. Relocated through OCH from Susquehanna University, Selinsgrove, PA in 1987. Moved c. 1997 to Plymouth Church, Shaker Heights, OH.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
  • Voluntary For A Double Organ - Piece by Matthew Locke. Performed by Louis Regestein. Produced by The Organ Historical Society in 1988 with the title: Historic Organs of San Francisco: Twenty Historic Pipe Organs

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 207 times.