Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 1371, 1958)

Location:

First United Methodist Church / Cathedral of the Rockies
1110 W. Franklin Street
Boise, ID 83702 US
Organ ID: 9827

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 55 ranks. 3,361 pipes. 5 divisions. 3 manuals. 42 stops. 57 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 5
  • Stops: 42
  • Registers: 57
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 04, 2006:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- One prepared-for stop at time of original installation. Dedicated December 18, 1960.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Dedicated 18 Dec 1960. Rebuilt in 1983 by Balcom & Vaughn. Previous building held a 1904 2m. Tubular Estey.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab From Allen Kinzey
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 1,289 times.