Portland (Cedar Mill), Oregon
St. Pius X Catholic Church

GEO. KILGEN & SON, 1890
Bond Pipe Organs, Inc., 1985 - Renovation; No Tonal Changes

GREAT
   8   Open Diapason              58
   8   Dulciana             (tc)  46
   8   Melodia              (tc)  46
   8   Unison Bass                12
   4   Octave                     58
   3   Twelfth                    58
   2   Fifteenth                  58

SWELL (Expressive)
   8   Open Diapason        (tc)  46
   8   Viola                (tc)  46
   8   Stop'd Diapason      (tc)  46
   8   St'd Diap. Bass            12
   4   Violina                    58
   4   Flute                      58

PEDAL
   16  Bourdon                    27

COUPLERS (Drawknob)
   Sw. to Ped. Coupler           [8]
   Gr. to Ped. Coupler           [8]
   Sw. to Gr. Coupler            [8]

FOOT LEVERS (Labeled)
   Swell Tremolo        (hitch-down)

PEDAL MOVEMENTS
   Swell Expression           (bal.)

ACTION: Mechanical Key & Stop
VOICES: 12
STOPS: 14
RANKS: 12
PIPES: 629

NOTES
This organ was originally built for a German Methodist Church in St.
Louis, MO. The building was later known as the "House of Prayer for
All People."  The organ became available and was listed through the
Organ Clearing House.

In 1976, then organist Harley Perkins, learned of its availability.
After an examination of the instrument by a St. Louis contact, the
organ was purchased - sight unseen - by St. Pius X, and with the hope
that it would fit the small, original chapel building. It did just
barely fit, and a door had to be moved to accommodate the organ. It
was installed "as is" by Mr. Perkins along with Dean Applegate and
Joseph Smith.

In 1985 when the present building was built, the organ was removed
and renovated without tonal changes by the Bond firm of Portland
before re-installation in the new edifice.

 [Received on line from James R. Stettner April 21, 2009.]
View Full Instrument Details